I have reached that point in pregnancy where you can't stand having a baby(ies) in you for one more second, but at the same time you most definitely are not ready to have him, her, or them on the outside. Because, let's face it...who's ever totally ready to be a parent? Not I. All day long I hear two voices inside my head screaming back and forth "GET OUT!!" and "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!" It's rather exhausting actually.
Recently my doctor informed me that I should 'pencil in' April 6th as the big day. Apparently he doesn't want to wait any longer than that and, frankly, neither do I. So, the latest word is April 6th or earlier. It is somewhat strange...living the life of a ticking time bomb. This week is my 34 week mark, and according to the doctor, I can now breathe easy that the girls (if born anytime soon) will be nice and healthy. Anyone have a trampoline?
With all of this information floating around in my mind on a daily basis, I can no longer afford to sit around and take it easy. I have to occupy my time or I will (without a doubt) go insane. And so, I have created a list of things that must be done. This list ranges from making sure that my toe nails are painted to making sure that there are enough frozen dinners to last the next 18 years of my life in the freezer. Hopefully I can keep myself busy enough not to notice every minute of every 24 hour day that passes between now and the end of life as I currently know it.
So, as I embark on these last few weeks crammed full of birthing classes, hospital tours, doctor appointments, and getting myself ready to instantaneously become the mother of two...I am hoping for the best. Wish me luck!
Oh, by the way, if anyone happens to have a stockpile of good frozen dinner recipes, please send them my way. I'm sure Chris will greatly appreciate it in the months to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a blast that would be to have 18 years worth of frozen dinners with each pregnancy!! If that were the case I would still have just over 3 years left on Richard and I wouldn't have to worry about dinner every night of my life!!
So strange to write my blog today and then come and reade yours. I am at the other end of things it seems...blah!
Seriously, let me or Diana know how we can help you! Oh, and I have a mini trampoline. You get more bounces in with a tiny one!
Oh, Whitney, you're so funny. But, I kinda know how you feel, though I definitely don't want them out now... mostly because I am in school. I want them to wait so I can fulfill my "selfish" desire of having a college degree before they are born. Good luck with your "to-do" list. Hope you get it all done.
Meatball Soup: Quick, freezes easily, subject to changes based on personal taste and creative will, and is yummerlicious!
1 Bag of Meatballs
2 beef bouillon cubes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped potatoes
Frozen peas and/or corn
1 cup chopped carrots (baby carrots work great too!)
1 bag of taco seasoning
1 Family-sized can of chopped tomatoes with the juice.
Boil 4-6 cups of water, add bouillon cubes, tomato juice, and potatoes, when potatoes are almost soft add other veggies and boil on med to high until all veggies are soft, stir in taco seasoning and meatballs!
Eat, or store in gallon-size freezer bags for as long as you want! ( I wouldn't go much past 2 months though...) Also, when I make it, I can usually get 2 dinners, and 2-3 lunches out of a batch.
oh man. exciting! babies are great, pretty sure you won't regret it once they're here :)
(not like I speak from experience. I'm not a dad yet.)
Post a picture of your pregnant self!!
Hey your writing style is sort of Dave Barry(ish)...Love it....yeah, we'll have fun fun fun...once they're here....pictures please!!
I always make extra of what I am making and most things freeze well. That is what I would do. I would make extras of whatever it is you are cooking for dinner every night from now until the babies are born.
Glad to hear that everything's looking good! I'm so excited for you! Good luck with keeping yourself busy and jumping on a tramp to get them out faster ;) Love ya tonz :)
Post a Comment