Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frogs and Cajun Fireflies

You know how every once in a while you see a movie that just sticks with you? The type of movie that takes over your thoughts and makes you want to see it 50 times in the theater...? Well, last weekend Chris and I finally got around to seeing Princess and the Frog and I cannot tell you how completely in love with it I am! Now, laugh if you must. I realize it's not exactly a thought provoking drama, or one of those motivational true stories....but ah! So far we've seen it twice in the theater and I'm seriously contemplating another round or two. (It's at the dollar theater which makes the thought of multiple viewings less traumatic for the wallet.) But seriously, for being one of the lesser known fairy tales, Disney did a fantastic job in turning it into one of the most enjoyable. The jazz is fantastic, and so is the humor. Chris and I were practically in tears the first time we saw it. Everything feels fresh about it...right down to the evil yet very charismatic shadow man. I simply love everything about this movie, but I must admit that Ray, the Cajun firefly is my favorite. For as ugly as the little bug is...he definitely grows on you. Anyway, I hope you all find time to see this movie soon. It will make for quite a good time...I promise!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I loved it too! Charlotte was my favorite character..."I'm sweatin' like a sinner in church!" I loved that she was so kind and good to Tiana. I was afraid in the beginning that she was going to be like an ugly step sister character but gladly she was just a silly southern blonde!

Sarah said...

Can I just point out that Ray the cajun firefly sorta has the same big ol' round eyes as Joanna from Rescuers Down Under? I'm just sayin.

:-) Love you babe!