Thursday, February 11, 2010

In the meantime

There is nothing like waiting. I feel like I'm watching a broken clock as the days roll by ever...so...slowly. I'd say it's somewhat similar to that point when you're baking a cake and you can smell the chocolate reaching that stage of perfection, but the timer is telling you that there are at least 20 minutes left. BAH! I wish these girls would get here already!

Well, the cake is NOT done yet, so Chris and I are trying to occupy our time and thoughts with other things...you know...like buying baby gear. That makes the waiting go a lot faster. False. It has been fun getting things set up though. Yesterday we bought their little pack'n plays and we recently finished that oh-so-fun task of registering for gifts and such.

Chris is keeping busy with school and work as each is turning out to be quite demanding. He is currently interning with a company up in Salt Lake called Vortex. They specialize in hunting and fishing accessories, so Chris is getting to research a whole new sphere. He is doing very well, and designing better all the time.

I am taking advantage of sleep and leisure time. This past weekend, we went down to Mesquite, NV to see my dad. It was nice to have a weekend with no deadlines, alarms, or responsibilities. This weekend, Chris's parents are in town for a family baby blessing and will be staying in our (get ready) spare room! Yes, we revel in the second bedroom.

So, all in all, life goes on. We're just truckin' along waiting (somewhat impatiently) for our family of four.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

You just keep on waiting as long as you possibly can -- they're really not supposed to come early! But if you're bored with all that waiting time, come visit me, catch up, and I'll feed you a chocolate cake!

Diana said...

Man-alive! I am impatient for these babies to get here, I can't imagine what it's like for you! I love your new layout! It is fun and makes me want spring! Call me soon and we'll chit chat! Love you!...!...!

Marianne said...

Enjoy the peace while you can!!

Tim and Maria Jones said...

Savor the moments of you and chris while you can. they won't be around much once the kiddos arrive.

Cathy said...

So, I'm coming to Utah in a few weeks and would love to see you! When are you due? Maybe the little girls will make an appearance before I arrive so I can meet them. We're so excited for you and can't wait for them to come!