Chris and I often talk about what kind of parents we want to be, what our goals are when it comes to raising children, to what age we think they will each survive considering their unfortunate genetics, and so on. And it is in these same conversations that our natural doubts come to the surface. Chris wonders if he'll make a good dad...I wonder if I'll make a good mom. Well, I still can't say that I'm at all reassured about my own parenting skills, but I think I can say without hesitation that Chris will make a GREAT dad. Combined, Chris and I have a total of 1 billion nieces and nephews...give or take a few, and I have watched him tirelessly give of his time, love, and devotion to all those chillins. No, I have no fear about his abilities. He's ready.
Practically hog-tied with a purple scarf and bedecked with bows, clips, and beads

What stamina!

Preparing the world's best leaf pile

Road trip break

Water fight!

Movie time

And of course...tea parties!

How lucky am I?
4 comments:
My Fav is the tea party. Hands down.
Is he just the BEST!!!! We're sooooo glad he's in the family!
So I just saw the link to your blog on facebook. I was wondering if you had one, and am happy that you do. We do too. But, I LOVE this post. I was totally thinking about posting a blog just like this, but about Josh, not Chris. It's great to know that at least one of their parents will be a good parent. But, I think you'll be a great mom too.
I agree with Jess, the tea party picture is gold. I'm so glad you found an apartment, it looks like a keeper. Let me know if I can help with anything!
Post a Comment