Wednesday, November 17, 2010

As Time Goes By

No, we're not dead.

And it's that time of year again. Normally, when Fall hits, I go into this sort of crazed spiced pumpkin candle, red, orange and gold, long sleeves and sweaters, bundle up kids cuz it's cold out there kind of frenzy. I simply get overjoyed at the onset of Fall, but not this year. It was so weird. Fall came...and I just sat there, waiting for the frenzy to hit and then...nothing. Not that I haven't enjoyed the colors, clothes, and crisp air...it just hasn't taken total control over me like usual. I blame last year's morning sickness.

However, the good news is that I have been bitten by the holiday bug just as badly as every other year of my life. I know it might be cliché, but the holidays are truly my favorite time of the year. For the first year of my marriage I am going to have my very own Christmas Tree!!! Now, whether or not it will have anything on it is a whole different thing. My Gma didn't have room for her 6ft tree anymore so she offered it to me! I am so excited.

The long standing tradition in my family is that the day after Thanksgiving I put up my parents Christmas tree and everybody else clears out. It's a whole day affair of me fighting with the stupid branches and fixing everything that broke during its year long sojourn in the shed. By the end of the day the house looks like it's had a good thwack with the Christmas stick. It's my favorite day of the entire year. A jest? Not at all. Ask anyone who's ever seen me at work. So, this year I get to do two trees and decorate two homes. The perfect recipe for happiness.

I usually stick to the rule of no Christmas before Thanksgiving, but this year I cracked a little and spent the whole morning listening to Bing Crosby sing I'll Be Home for Christmas. Then I went and nearly completed ALL of my Christmas shopping. There is only one item left on my list and it's only November 17th. I must admit I'm slightly proud of myself.

And so to end my holiday raving I say to you...enjoy the family, enjoy the snow, enjoy the bells, and most of all...ENJOY THE PIE!!!

Oh, and enjoy some pictures of my darlin' babes.




4 comments:

Jes Humrich said...

Weezy is making farting noises with her arm...I blame Chris.

It's Eloise with her arm in her mouth right? I must admit I do not know how to spell her name.

Want to come decorate my house too? My tree should be easy...prelit!

Alright this comment is getting abnormally long.

Katelyn said...

Gasp! A blog post? Good for you! I can't believe how ahead of the game you are for Christmas! Love the pictures of your girls! Especially the last two. Wish there were more!

Megan said...

Your girls are SO cute. And I'm super impressed that you are all set for Christmas--look at you go! Glad you guys are doing well :)

Marianne said...

Oh, those babies!! I must come and snatch them away! How can you stand it?

Hey, I just got my Thanksgiving decor up yesterday! I was not bitten by the fall bug either. How will you do two house with two babies?! I expect a post explaining the process!