Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Almost There!


So today I officially scheduled a c-section for April 6th. Hello!! It's crazy to think that Chris and I will officially be parents in less than two weeks....and of TWO girls. Yes, I know...this should be a well established fact, but I still don't think it's sunk in. Chris and I still look at each other occasionally and go, "I can't believe we're having two of them." Heck, they'll be 18 years old and I'll still be saying, "I can't believe there are two of them."

On the up side, I think we both feel relatively prepared. Not for being parents of course...ha...we're not kidding ourselves there, but in other respects we feel as though we can't do a whole lot more. There are only a handful of things left on our list to buy beforehand, but for the most part, their room is ready and waiting, and the freezer is packed to the hilt with frozen dinners.

I suppose I should give a quick shout out to my mom who has been a huge help with the whole prepping process. She's devoted hours...more like days to helping me get my rear in gear and get things in order. Every time we get together I feel as though I need three days to recover from all the work we get done. :) So, thanks Ma!

I was almost positive I'd told everyone in the world what names we had decided on for the girls, but people are still asking so here you go: Lucy Alicia Witham and Eloise Elise Witham.

Well, I guess...here goes nothing!!! Wish us luck!

9 comments:

jen and michael said...

yea!! congrats! You guys will make great parents!!

Marianne said...

Whitney, you are beautiful! I cannot believe the girl who used to come raid my fridge and giggle unceasingly with Diana is going to be a mother! I'll keep you in my prayers and you keep your feet up!

Darling names, by the way. Love them!

Vanessa said...

i always wondered with twins... how will you know which one is which? you pick two names, but how do you choose?

Whitney said...

Well, I think we're just going to look at them. Then pick.

Dan and Sher said...

Well gee, thanks Whit! You know I have fun doing all that we do...you can do your resting as soon as the little tykes get here...at least for a week or 2...

Megan said...

Wohoo! You're so close--I'm so excited for you :) You guys will be great.

Sarah said...

We're so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures your girls- and I still can't believe you're having two!

Sarah said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you!!

mateicho1 said...

oh man those babies will be here soon. can't wait to see em!