Chris and I are enjoying the warm-ish weather and the end of the school year freedom. It's so nice to simply sit back after dinner and think that we can do whatever we want. If we want to go for a walk we can. If we want to play a game we can. If we want to laze about like the lazy bums we are...WE CAN! No more evenings of "Sorry honey, I have a 20 page soul-sucking paper to write." It's so nice to have the time to do those things you always tell yourself you're going to do as soon as life slows down. Take for example, organizing a recipe book that is practically exploding with cards and papers bearing scribbles of cup measurements and sticking out at every angle. Mind you, it's not like I actually USE these recipes. I just collect them in the hopes of someday becoming blessed with the gift of cookery. Until that day comes, however, I'll at least have an organized recipe book.
While we sit back and enjoy the beginning of summer, we are also sitting back and biting our nails in anticipation for what the next couple of months have in store. Chris has been applying for internships here and there. We're mostly waiting to hear back from a couple of wakeboarding companies, one in Washington state and the other in St. George. I'm hoping for the one in St. George. Not that the prospect of roasting slowly to death in the desert sun has much of a pull, but it seems to be the best fit. It's a small company called Company Wake that was started up earlier this year by a professional wakeboarder. Thus, it is small and laid back and simply perfect for that husband of mine. Updates to come...as long as it doesn't take me another 7 months to get back around to this.
5 comments:
Hey! We were sad we didn't get to see you guys before you left. But--if he does get the internship in stg--we can hang out all summer. Now I know you are excited for/possibly dreading that.
Hey Whitney! You know we miss you around here! Can we be bloggy friends??? Enjoy your summer and this amazingly free time in your life!
You know, just the other day, I was thinking...I wonder if that Whitney friend of mine blogs... :) Keep us posted on the internship--St George isn't too far from San Bernardino!
Holy COw! You have a blog!
Hey Whitney! You know we miss you around here!
I wonder if that Whitney friend of mine blogs...
___________________
Vince
Apply now Nation wide cash
Post a Comment